Journey across thousands of years of history from biblical sites to Greek and Roman outposts. Follow the ancient trader’s route and explore magnificent landscapes and the remains of some of antiquity’s greatest monuments. Join us for a wonderful new crusade—a medley of past and present—to experience the riches of Jordan that have an exceptional place in our history.
· Touch the remains of Jordan’s 12 Biblical Sites.
· Meet archaeologists and view the Petra Scrolls at an ACOR reception.
· Explore Petra, Little Petra, and Beida for a full day with an archaeologist.
· Experience Petra candle lit at night: with music and Nabataen and Bedouin storytelling.
· Gaze at the desert sky and sleep under a blanket of stars from luxury tents at Wadi Rum;
· Enjoy the thrill of a desert safari.
· Dine in a Bedouin tent.
· Hunt for Neolithic Rock Art with an expertly trained Bedouin.
· Encounter rarely visited archaeological Park at Madaba; dine in a heritage building.
· View the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Jordan Archaeological Museum.
· Delve into ongoing archaeology at Gawr As Safi and the newly discovered sugar mill.
· Dip into the Dead Sea waters; visit a museum at the lowest point on earth.
· Meet members of a farming community and cook a meal with them.
BAS TRAVEL STUDY SIGNATURE ENRICHMENT
Attend a seminar led by Dr. John Swanson, Ph.D. in Middle East History; Professor and Special Advisor to the Provost at The American University in Cairo.
Plus on site experts: scholars-historians-archaeologists-Bedouins-Jordanian Citizens
A JOURNEY THROUGH THOUSANDS OF YEARS OF HISTORY!
EXPERIENCES THAT ENGAGE, INFORM, AND INSPIRE
Dr. John Swanson, Ph.D. in Middle East History, is Special Advisor to the Provost at The American University in Cairo (AUC) and Professor of Middle East History and Egyptology. John also has served as lecturer and study leader for many reputable travel programs in Egypt, Turkey, Syria, Jordan, and the Arabian Peninsula.