04/01 | Discovered during the Temple Mount Sifting Project, this seventh-century B.C.E. clay bulla inscribed in paleo-Hebrew script with the phrase “Gibeon, for the king” provides evidence for how ancient taxes were Read more…
Tag: Temple Mount
03/30 | A banqueting complex was recently identified just beside the Temple Mount. Dating to the time of King Herod the Great, it projects the splendor and comfort enjoyed by royal guests. Read more…
Posted in Jerusalem.
03/01 | Building and furnishing the Herodian Temple involved more than stone quarrying and laying, but the stones and foundations of Herod’s Temple can give us clues to Temple Mount history. Read more…
Posted in Temple at Jerusalem.
- Herod the Great: Friend of the Romans and Parthians?
- Did I Find King David’s Palace?
- Searching for the Temple of King Solomon
- Lebanese Cedar—The Prized Tree of Ancient Woodworking
- Digs 2017: Digging Through Time
- Understanding the Jewish Menorah
- What Were the Crusades and How Did They Impact Jerusalem?
- Mary, Simeon or Anna: Who First Recognized Jesus as Messiah?
- The Enduring Symbolism of Doves
- The Magdala Stone: The Jerusalem Temple Embodied