01/04 | Fieldwork invigorates archaeologists as they experience the thrills of discovery, travel and camaraderie. While some volunteers create lifelong memories in a single season, many other return year after year to Read more…
Tag: Tell es-Safi
10/31 | Over the past few years, excavations at Tell es-Safi have exposed some remarkable cultic discoveries, including a horned altar, featured as the Prize Find in BAR’s 2012 Dig Issue.* Read more…
10/10 | Bar-Ilan University professor Aren Maeir was recently interviewed for the Jerusalem the Movie project about his excavations at Tell es-Safi/Gath. Professor Maeir gives an interesting overview of the site along Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
- A Minimalist Disputes His Demise
- Scholarship Opportunities for Two Prestigious Israeli Excavations
- Ashkelon Excavations Find New Evidence of Philistine Religion
- Get to Know Tell es-Safi/Gath Excavator Aren Maeir
- Where Did the Philistines Come From?
- Ashkelon I
- Horned Philistine Altar Discovered at Gath