06/15 | In the Bible, the inner shrine of Solomon’s Temple is described as having five mezuzot. What are they? The question has puzzled Biblical scholars for centuries. Does a recently discovered Read more…
06/12 | Editor Hershel Shanks has hand-picked 40 notable articles from BAR to honor the magazine’s 40th anniversary. Read more…
- Hoard of Gold Coins Found in Caesarea Harbor
- BAR Anniversary Bible Quiz
- The “High Place” at Tel Gezer
- Were There Arameans at Abel Beth Maacah?
- First Person: Life Was Not So Bad for Smelters
- Solomon, Socrates and Aristotle
- 2014 Scholarship Recipients Go Digging
- The Oracle of Delphi—Was She Really Stoned?
- The Temple Mount in the Herodian Period (37 BC–70 A.D.)
- High Places, Altars and the Bamah