11/04 | BAR editor Hershel Shanks discusses a recent article in the Atlantic unmasking a fake ancient inscription in which Jesus refers to “my wife.” Read more…
09/17 | The Gospels, the first four books of the New Testament, tell the story of the life of Jesus. Yet only one—the Gospel of John—claims to be an eyewitness account, the Read more…
Posted in New Testament.
09/15 | Building and furnishing the Herodian Temple involved more than stone quarrying and laying, but the stones and foundations of Herod’s Temple can give us clues to Temple Mount history. Read more…
Posted in Temple at Jerusalem.
- Christian Apocrypha: The “Lost Gospels”?
- D.C.-Area Archaeology Event: The Golden Age of King Midas
- The Siloam Pool: Where Jesus Healed the Blind Man
- King Midas and His Golden Touch at the Penn Museum
- The Shema‘ Yisrael
- “Down the Rabbit Hole”: Owner of the Gospel of Jesus’ Wife Papyrus Unmasked
- Timeline of the Gospel of Jesus’ Wife Saga
- The Nag Hammadi Codices and Gnostic Christianity
- 50 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically
- Medicine in the Ancient World