06/01 | Discovered during the Temple Mount Sifting Project, this seventh-century B.C.E. clay bulla inscribed in paleo-Hebrew script with the phrase “Gibeon, for the king” provides new evidence for how ancient taxes Read more…
Tag: Ronny Reich
06/01 | The Jewish menorah—especially the Temple menorah, a seven-branched candelabra that stood in the Temple—is the most enduring and iconic Jewish symbol. But what did the Temple menorah actually look like? Read more…
- Biblical Archaeology Review Contributors Awarded Levi-Sala Book Prizes
- The Value of Relics and Biblical Artifacts Found in Israel
- Mikva’ot in Galilean Caves Suggest Lives of Refuge and Religion
- Excavating the City of David
- What Are These Strange Markings Found Near Jerusalem’s Gihon Spring?
- VERDICT: NOT GUILTY
- Scholar Disputes Reading of New Jerusalem “Seal” Inscription
- What Do Archaeologists Do With the Bible?
- Jerusalem Seal Gives Evidence for Temple Ritual
- The Jesus Dynasty