Tag: roman period
03/06 | Laodicea was a wealthy city in western Turkey that flourished for centuries. Why does the author of the Book of Revelation call the church of Laodicea “lukewarm”—neither hot nor cold? Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
- Ancient Roman Theater and Bathhouse Found at Hippos-Sussita
- Hierapolis and the Gateway to Hell
- Tomb of Apostle Philip Found
- Solomon, Socrates and Aristotle
- What Color Was Tekhelet?
- Digs 2017: Digging Through Time
- Inscription Reveals Governor of Judea Before the Bar-Kokhba Revolt
- An Unexpected Consequence of the Christian Crusades
- The Enduring Symbolism of Doves
- The Third Wall of Jerusalem: Where Romans and Jews Battled