06/01 | The Jewish menorah—especially the Temple menorah, a seven-branched candelabra that stood in the Temple—is the most enduring and iconic Jewish symbol. But what did the Temple menorah actually look like? Read more…
05/06 | Machaerus is the infamous setting of the beheading of John the Baptist. The historian Josephus corroborates a story from the Gospels in which John the Baptist condemned Herod Antipas’s marriage Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
05/05 | The Book of Exodus in the Bible describes ten Egyptian plagues that bring suffering to the land of pharaoh. Are these Biblical plagues plausible on any level? In the following Read more…
- What Did Jesus Really Look Like?
- Understanding Revelations in the Bible
- “Is This Not the Carpenter?”
- Why Did the Magi Bring Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh?
- The Bethesda Pool, Site of One of Jesus’ Miracles
- Was Jesus a Jew?
- Medicine in the Ancient World
- When Did Christianity Begin to Spread?
- The Tel Dan Inscription: The First Historical Evidence of King David from the Bible
- Understanding the Good Samaritan Parable