08/10 | Remains of the monumental city gate and fortifications of Iron Age Gath—home of the Biblical giant Goliath—were uncovered in excavations at Tell es-Safi in central Israel. Read more…
07/02 | Dr. Tracy Hoffman provides a midseason update on the 2015 excavation at Ashkelon. Read more…
Posted in Digs 2015.
05/18 | What does the ancient Aegean world in the west have to do with the Biblical world in the east? Quite a lot, according to Aegean archaeology specialist Louise Hitchcock. Read more…
Posted in The Ancient Near Eastern World.
- The Philistine Marketplace at Ashkelon
- Tel ‘Eton Excavations Reveal Possible Judahite Administrative Center
- Biblical Archaeology: Whither and Whence
- BAR Anniversary Bible Quiz
- 10 Great Biblical Artifacts at the Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem
- Largest Known Ancient Egyptian Fortress Excavated at Tell el-Habua
- Top 10 Biblical Archaeology Discoveries in 2014
- Excavating the Bible—A Response
- The “Philistines” to the North
- Possible Byzantine Monastery Exposed near Beth Shemesh