Tag: nahman avigad
11/12 | How many people mentioned in the Hebrew Bible have been confirmed archaeologically? Lawrence Mykytiuk reveals the surprising number—from Israelite kings to Mesopotamian monarchs—and some lesser figures as well. Read more…
Posted in People in the Bible.
05/09 | Archaeologist Hillel Geva says that population estimates for ancient Jerusalem are too high. His new estimates begin with people living on no more than a dozen acres. Read more…
Posted in Jerusalem.
- Israel Exploration Society’s Joseph Aviram Turns 100
- Contested Temple Mount History?
- Magnificent Menorah Mosaic Found in Galilee
- An Archaeological Journey from Genesis through Jesus
- The Temple Mount in the Herodian Period (37 BC–70 A.D.)
- First Person: A New Target
- The Jerusalem Western Wall Tunnel
- Jewish Worship, Pagan Symbols
- Who Built the Cardo in Jerusalem?
- Archaeology, Dogs and Gin: Dame Kathleen Kenyon, Digging Up the Holy Land