04/13 | Depictions of fish and fishermen can be found in the colorful floor mosaics at the sixth-century C.E. basilica at Horvat Beit Loya. The mosaics were defaced by iconoclasts in the Read more…
Posted in Post-Biblical Period.
04/02 | Archaeologists excavating in downtown Tel Aviv, Israel, have discovered ancient Egyptian beer vessels dating back 5,000 years. Read more…
- The Origin of Christianity
- The Hungry Jesus
- How Was Jesus’ Tomb Sealed?
- BAR Anniversary Bible Quiz
- The “Strange” Ending of the Gospel of Mark and Why It Makes All the Difference
- 10 Great Biblical Artifacts at the Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem
- Anastylosis at Machaerus, Where John the Baptist was Beheaded
- Tour Showcases Remains of Herod’s Jerusalem Palace—Possible Site of the Trial of Jesus
- Herod’s Death, Jesus’ Birth and a Lunar Eclipse
- Christmas Stories in Christian Apocrypha