07/14 | UNESCO has added the archaeological sites at Al-Maghtas, Jordan—dubbed the Biblical “Bethany beyond the Jordan”—to its World Heritage List. Read more…
07/03 | A family in Jerusalem’s ‘Ein Kerem neighborhood recently discovered an ancient mikveh underneath their floorboards. Read more…
04/13 | Depictions of fish and fishermen can be found in the colorful floor mosaics at the sixth-century C.E. basilica at Horvat Beit Loya. The mosaics were defaced by iconoclasts in the Read more…
Posted in Post-Biblical Period.
- The Hungry Jesus
- How Was Jesus’ Tomb Sealed?
- The Dead Sea Scrolls and the New Testament
- BAR Anniversary Bible Quiz
- Sold to the Highest Bidder: Antiquities as Cash Cows
- The “Strange” Ending of the Gospel of Mark and Why It Makes All the Difference
- Bethsaida Excavations Reveal Possible Royal Escape Tunnel
- Anastylosis at Machaerus, Where John the Baptist was Beheaded
- Herod’s Death, Jesus’ Birth and a Lunar Eclipse
- Christmas Stories in Christian Apocrypha