Tag: king herod
01/12 | Győző Vörös details the restoration work taking place at Machaerus—giving archaeological context to the New Testament episode featuring Princess Salome and John the Baptist. Read more…
01/08 | Visitors to Jerusalem’s Old City can now explore remains of King Herod’s palace, which may be where Roman governor Pontius Pilate tried and condemned Jesus of Nazareth to death. Read more…
- Top 10 Biblical Archaeology Discoveries in 2014
- Monumental Entryway to King Herod’s Palace at Herodium Excavated
- The Virgin Mary and the Prophet Muhammad
- The Temple Mount in the Herodian Period (37 BC–70 A.D.)
- Witnessing the Divine
- Herodium: The Tomb of King Herod Revisited
- Ancient Chisel Unearthed at the Western Wall
- Modi’in: Where the Maccabees Lived
- Not Fit for a King?
- Herod the Great: Friend of the Romans and Parthians?