Tag: king herod
12/10 | Visitors to Jerusalem’s Old City can now explore remains of King Herod’s palace, which may be where Roman governor Pontius Pilate tried and condemned Jesus of Nazareth to death. Read more…
12/10 | In a commemoration of the scholarship of Ehud Netzer, Biblical Archaeology Society has made a special collection of his groundbreaking scholarship from the BAS Library available for free. Read more…
Posted in Archaeologists, Biblical Scholars & Works.
- Did I Find King David’s Palace?
- Modi’in: Where the Maccabees Lived
- The Virgin Mary and the Prophet Muhammad
- Herod the Great: Friend of the Romans and Parthians?
- The Masada Siege
- Witnessing the Divine
- First Person: What Should We Do with $25,000?
- Anastylosis at Machaerus, Where John the Baptist was Beheaded
- Top 10 Biblical Archaeology Discoveries in 2014
- Monumental Entryway to King Herod’s Palace at Herodium Excavated