08/10 | Remains of the monumental city gate and fortifications of Iron Age Gath—home of the Biblical giant Goliath—were uncovered in excavations at Tell es-Safi in central Israel. Read more…
Tag: khirbet qeiyafa
07/22 | Tel Burna excavation staff member Chris McKinny discusses the discovery of Iron Age fortifications at Tel Burna. Read more…
Posted in Digs 2015.
06/15 | In the Bible, the inner shrine of Solomon’s Temple is described as having five mezuzot. What are they? The question has puzzled Biblical scholars for centuries. Does a recently discovered Read more…
- Biblical Name Eshbaal Found Outside of the Bible
- 2014 Scholarship Recipients Go Digging
- Three Takes on the Oldest Hebrew Inscription
- New Gate Discovered at Tel Lachish
- Lachish Field Report: Ancient Jewelry, a Scarab and More
- Divided Kingdom, United Critics
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Bible and Archaeology 2 vols.
- Top 10 Archaeological Finds in 2013
- Khirbet Qeiyafa and Tel Lachish Excavations Explore Early Kingdom of Judah
- King David’s Palace at Khirbet Qeiyafa?