03/01 | Visitors to Jerusalem’s Old City can now explore remains of King Herod’s palace, which may be where Roman governor Pontius Pilate tried and condemned Jesus of Nazareth to death. Read more…
03/01 | On March 6, 2016, Dr. Pier Luigi Tucci will deliver the lecture “Ancient Libraries in Rome: Reconstruction of the Bibliotheca of the Templum Pacis” in the Washington, D.C. area. Read more…
01/12 | How many people mentioned in the Hebrew Bible have been confirmed archaeologically? Lawrence Mykytiuk reveals the surprising number—from Israelite kings to Mesopotamian monarchs—and some lesser figures as well. Read more…
Posted in People in the Bible.
- What Did Herod’s Temple in Jerusalem Look Like?
- Scandalous Women in the Bible
- Rahab the Harlot?
- How Bad Was Jezebel?
- Roman Emperor Nerva’s Reform of the Jewish Tax
- Dead Sea Scrolls History: Looking Back on the Last 75 Years
- Herodium: The Tomb of King Herod Revisited
- Solomon, Socrates and Aristotle
- Herod the Great: Friend of the Romans and Parthians?
- Herod’s Death, Jesus’ Birth and a Lunar Eclipse