05/06 | Machaerus is the infamous setting of the beheading of John the Baptist. The historian Josephus corroborates a story from the Gospels in which John the Baptist condemned Herod Antipas’s marriage Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
- GIS in Archaeology
- Casting New Light on Petra
- The Philistines in Jordan
- The Importance of Bible Artifacts Found Outside the Trench: The Moabite Stone
- What Were the Crusades and How Did They Impact Jerusalem?
- Was Biblical Israel an Egalitarian Society?
- Back-Breakers from Ashkelon and Hazor
- The Diggers Return
- The Huqoq Synagogue Mosaics
- Exposing Petra’s North Ridge