04/02 | In 2015, UNESCO added the archaeological complex at Al-Maghtas, Jordan—called the Biblical “Bethany beyond the Jordan”—to its World Heritage List. Another tradition places the baptismal site on the west bank Read more…
Tag: john the baptist
04/01 | James Tabor presents a fresh look at the original text of the earliest Gospel. Read more…
Posted in New Testament.
- Herod’s Death, Jesus’ Birth and a Lunar Eclipse
- Herod the Great: Friend of the Romans and Parthians?
- Jesus Was a Refugee
- Was Jesus’ Last Supper a Seder?
- Gospel of John Commentary: Who Wrote the Gospel of John and How Historical Is It?
- The Enduring Symbolism of Doves
- Machaerus: Beyond the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Herod Antipas in the Bible and Beyond
- The Masada Siege
- Resurrecting a Byzantine Synagogue at Um el-Kanatir