11/04 | Who is Asherah? What is asherah? The reference may be to a particular goddess, a class of goddess or a cult symbol used to represent the goddess. It is sometimes Read more…
10/22 | The open-air altar shrine, called a bamah (plural bamot), is known through several books of the Biblical canon. Often referred to as “high places” in translations of the Bible, bamot Read more…
- The Enduring Symbolism of Doves
- Love Your Neighbor: Only Israelites or Everyone?
- The Limits of Tolerance: Halakhah and History
- The Iron Age I Structure on Mt. Ebal
- Was Biblical Israel an Egalitarian Society?
- What Brings You Here?
- The Genesis of Brewing
- Anna in the Bible
- Daily Life in Ancient Israel
- Ancient Worship in Israel—Before the Israelites