Tag: in the new testament
03/06 | Laodicea was a wealthy city in western Turkey that flourished for centuries. Why does the author of the Book of Revelation call the church of Laodicea “lukewarm”—neither hot nor cold? Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
01/24 | Who were the Samaritans? Dr. Amy-Jill Levine of Vanderbilt University explains how getting an accurate answer to this question can shed light on how shocking the Good Samaritan parable would Read more…
Posted in Archaeologists, Biblical Scholars & Works.
- Early Christian Art Symbols Endure after Iconoclast Attack
- The Origin of Christianity
- When Did Christianity Begin to Spread?
- Did Jesus Exist? Searching for Evidence Beyond the Bible
- How December 25 Became Christmas
- No, No, Bad Dog: Dogs in the Bible
- Christmas Stories in Christian Apocrypha
- Mary, Simeon or Anna: Who First Recognized Jesus as Messiah?
- Witnessing the Divine
- Who Is Satan?