Tag: hershel shanks
05/09 | Archaeologist Hillel Geva says that population estimates for ancient Jerusalem are too high. His new estimates begin with people living on no more than a dozen acres. Read more…
Posted in Jerusalem.
- First Person: Banning Ba’al
- Searching for Biblical Mt. Sinai
- How Ancient Taxes Were Collected Under King Manasseh
- Ivory Pomegranate Revisited: A Relic from Solomon’s Temple?
- Fabrics Found at Ancient Mines in Timna Valley
- Queen of the Philistines: Trude Dothan (1922–2016)
- Herodium: The Tomb of King Herod Revisited
- How December 25 Became Christmas
- Modi’in: Where the Maccabees Lived
- What Is Coptic and Who Were the Copts in Ancient Egypt?