01/06 | What is the location of Tarshish, the Biblical source of the Phoenician silver trade? A recent Hacksilber Project study points to Spain and Sardinia as the Biblical world’s source Read more…
Tag: frank moore cross
11/12 | How many people mentioned in the Hebrew Bible have been confirmed archaeologically? Lawrence Mykytiuk reveals the surprising number—from Israelite kings to Mesopotamian monarchs—and some lesser figures as well. Read more…
Posted in People in the Bible.
07/05 | Nobel Peace Prize laureate and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel died on July 2, 2016. Read an interview BAR Editor Hershel Shanks conducted with Wiesel and Biblical scholar Frank Moore Cross, Read more…
Posted in Archaeologists, Biblical Scholars & Works.
- King Hezekiah in the Bible: Royal Seal of Hezekiah Comes to Light
- An Archaeological Journey from Genesis through Jesus
- Computer Program Learning to Read Paleo-Hebrew Letters
- Understanding the Alphabet of the Dead Sea Scrolls
- Raphael Golb’s Dead Sea Scroll Conviction Affirmed By New York’s Highest Court
- Regarding the Color of Tekhelet
- Hezekiah’s Tunnel
- Biblical Archaeology Books on the Go
- The End of an Era
- Merrill’s Letter