06/01 | The Jewish menorah—especially the Temple menorah, a seven-branched candelabra that stood in the Temple—is the most enduring and iconic Jewish symbol. But what did the Temple menorah actually look like? Read more…
Tag: First Temple Period
08/21 | A ceramic bowl with an inscription that may allude to a Biblical figure was recently uncovered among thousands of First Temple period pottery sherds, clay lamps and figurines near Jerusalem’s Read more…
- Proto-Aeolic Capital Kept Quiet—But Why?
- The Tomb of Pharaoh’s Daughter
- Top 20 Biblical Archaeology Events and Discoveries of 2012
- First Temple Period Ritual Structure Discovered Near Jerusalem
- The January/February 2013 Issue of BAR
- Have the Tombs of the Kings of Judah Been Found?: A Response
- Ancient Reservoir Provided Water for First Temple Period Jerusalem
- Jeremiah Brought Back to Life
- Can Abecedaries Be Used to Date the Book of Psalms?
- A Minimalist Disputes His Demise: A Response to Philip Davies