06/01 | The Jewish menorah—especially the Temple menorah, a seven-branched candelabra that stood in the Temple—is the most enduring and iconic Jewish symbol. But what did the Temple menorah actually look like? Read more…
05/06 | Machaerus is the infamous setting of the beheading of John the Baptist. The historian Josephus corroborates a story from the Gospels in which John the Baptist condemned Herod Antipas’s marriage Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
- GIS in Archaeology
- Medicine in the Ancient World
- When Did Christianity Begin to Spread?
- The Importance of Bible Artifacts Found Outside the Trench: The Moabite Stone
- The Tel Dan Inscription: The First Historical Evidence of King David from the Bible
- Searching for the Temple of King Solomon
- Students Dig in Style on Mt. Zion Excavation
- Private Lives of Jerusalem Elites Revealed in Mt. Zion Excavations
- The Iron Age I Structure on Mt. Ebal
- Education from the Trenches