04/02 | In 2015, UNESCO added the archaeological complex at Al-Maghtas, Jordan—called the Biblical “Bethany beyond the Jordan”—to its World Heritage List. Another tradition places the baptismal site on the west bank Read more…
Tag: early christian
04/01 | James Tabor presents a fresh look at the original text of the earliest Gospel. Read more…
Posted in New Testament.
- The Staurogram
- The Church of Laodicea in the Bible and Archaeology
- Water from a Walking Rock
- The House of Peter: The Home of Jesus in Capernaum?
- Excavating Ancient Pella, Jordan
- Bible Scholar Brent Landau Asks “Who Were the Magi”?
- Myra, Turkey: St. Nicholas’s Christian Capital
- Jesus Was a Refugee
- Early Christian Art Symbols Endure after Iconoclast Attack
- Was Jesus’ Last Supper a Seder?