05/06 | Machaerus is the infamous setting of the beheading of John the Baptist. The historian Josephus corroborates a story from the Gospels in which John the Baptist condemned Herod Antipas’s marriage Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
- Dead Sea Scrolls Online: IAA Expands Digital Library
- The Walls of the Temple Mount (2 vols.)
- Daily Life in Ancient Israel
- Mary, Simeon or Anna: Who First Recognized Jesus as Messiah?
- The Diggers Return
- The January/February 2013 Issue of BAR
- Two Brand New BAS Lecture Series
- Jesus, Paul and the Gospels
- Did I Find King David’s Palace?
- Assessing Biblical Atlases