05/01 | There is much more to Jezreel than just the fortified hilltop site. “Greater Jezreel” includes a nearby spring that was the lifeblood of the city, as well as a sloping Read more…
Tag: david ussishkin
01/12 | How many people mentioned in the Hebrew Bible have been confirmed archaeologically? Lawrence Mykytiuk reveals the surprising number—from Israelite kings to Mesopotamian monarchs—and some lesser figures as well. Read more…
Posted in People in the Bible.
- Lachish: Open Access to BAR Articles on Lachish Archaeology
- Wilderness Wanderings: Where is Kadesh?
- An Archaeological Journey from Genesis through Jesus
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon … in Assyrian Nineveh
- Biblical Lachish
- Ancient Egyptian Beer Vessels Unearthed in Tel Aviv, Israel
- Love Your Neighbor: Only Israelites or Everyone?
- Nebuchadnezzar Cylinder Goes for $605,000!
- Early Bronze Age: Megiddo’s Great Temple and the Birth of Urban Culture in the Levant
- Proto-Aeolic Capital Associated with Judah’s Longest Spring Tunnel