09/13 | The Christian apocrypha—noncanonical gospels—didn’t make the cut. But were they truly rejected, suppressed and destroyed? Until recent times there was no doubt. But now this “truth” may be unraveling. Many Read more…
Tag: biblical scholar
- Biblical Pharisees and Jewish Halakhah
- Sacred Prostitution in the Story of Judah and Tamar?
- A Feast for the Senses … and the Soul
- Should We Take Creation Stories in Genesis Literally?
- The Search for Noah’s Flood
- Solomon, Socrates and Aristotle
- The Tel Dan Inscription: The First Historical Evidence of King David from the Bible
- King Hezekiah in the Bible: Royal Seal of Hezekiah Comes to Light
- Why Did the Magi Bring Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh?
- First Person: Art as Bible Interpretation