05/24 | According to popular belief, cult prostitution was common throughout the ancient world, particularly associated with the fertility rites of the Canaanites and Phoenicians. While some scholars suggest that temple prostitution Read more…
Tag: biblical scholar
01/31 | Were the creation stories in Genesis meant to be taken literally? Maybe not, says Biblical scholar Shawna Dolansky in her Biblical Views column “The Multiple Truths of Myths” in the Read more…
Posted in Bible Interpretation.
- The Search for Noah’s Flood
- Solomon, Socrates and Aristotle
- The Tel Dan Inscription: The First Historical Evidence of King David from the Bible
- King Hezekiah in the Bible: Royal Seal of Hezekiah Comes to Light
- Why Did the Magi Bring Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh?
- First Person: Art as Bible Interpretation
- What Is the Oldest Hebrew Bible?
- The Washington Post’s Gene Weingarten Discovers the True Adam and Eve Story
- The Göbekli Tepe Ruins and the Origins of Neolithic Religion
- What’s Missing from Codex Sinaiticus, the Oldest New Testament?