Tag: Biblical Artifacts
Biblical artifacts are manmade objects, often found during archaeological excavations, that make a contribution to our understanding of the Bible and/or the historicity of Biblical events.
09/23 | Constantine Tischendorf’s chance finding of Codex Sinaiticus, the oldest New Testament manuscript, at St. Catherine’s Monastery in the Sinai—and his later removal of the manuscript—made him both famous and infamous. Read more…
- Jonah and the Whale
- The Ophel Treasure
- Is the “Brother of Jesus” Inscription on the James Ossuary a Forgery?
- Tarshish: Hacksilber Hoards Pinpoint Solomon’s Silver Source
- From Fire to Einstein
- Mosaics of Faith
- Iron Age Gate and Fortifications Uncovered at Philistine Gath
- Searching for the Temple of King Solomon
- Huqoq 2015: New Mosaics Unearthed at Huqoq Synagogue
- Tel Burna 2015: The Iron II Fortifications in Areas A1 and B2