05/06 | Machaerus is the infamous setting of the beheading of John the Baptist. The historian Josephus corroborates a story from the Gospels in which John the Baptist condemned Herod Antipas’s marriage Read more…
Posted in Biblical Archaeology Sites.
- Was Biblical Israel an Egalitarian Society?
- What Brings You Here?
- The Face of an Israelite Judge
- The Dead Sea Scrolls—A Biography
- Anna in the Bible
- Cyrus Cylinder Begins American Tour
- Victor Hurowitz (1948-2013)
- Daily Life in Ancient Israel
- The Biblical Archaeology Society 2013 Publication Awards Call For Entries