04/01 | Discovered during the Temple Mount Sifting Project, this seventh-century B.C.E. clay bulla inscribed in paleo-Hebrew script with the phrase “Gibeon, for the king” provides evidence for how ancient taxes were Read more…
01/12 | How many people mentioned in the Hebrew Bible have been confirmed archaeologically? Lawrence Mykytiuk reveals the surprising number—from Israelite kings to Mesopotamian monarchs—and some lesser figures as well. Read more…
Posted in People in the Bible.
- Herodium: The Tomb of King Herod Revisited
- Did I Find King David’s Palace?
- King Hezekiah in the Bible: Royal Seal of Hezekiah Comes to Light
- Tenth-Century B.C. Stone Seal Discovered by the Temple Mount Sifting Project
- The Ophel Treasure
- Tel Burna 2015: Area B1–A Large Canaanite Cultic Building
- Tel Burna 2015: Opening New Squares with People from All Over the World
- Biblical Archaeology: Whither and Whence
- Western Wall Rubble: Caused by Fourth-Century Earthquake?
- Neolithic Water Well Excavated Off Levantine Coast