07/01 | Israeli scholar Yigal Levin’s article “Did Pharaoh Sheshonq Attack Jerusalem” in the July/August 2012 issue of Biblical Archaeology Review examines the historical veracity of both the Egyptian Pharaoh’s account and Read more…
07/01 | The Gospels, the first four books of the New Testament, tell the story of the life of Jesus. Yet only one—the Gospel of John—claims to be an eyewitness account, the Read more…
Posted in New Testament.
06/01 | We are proud to announce that the rave-reviewed Biblical Archaeology Review iPad edition is now available for Kindle Fire and Android tablets. Readers can navigate the ancient world more easily Read more…
Posted in News.
- How Ancient Taxes Were Collected Under King Manasseh
- Understanding the Jewish Menorah
- The Edomite Stronghold of Sela
- Machaerus: Beyond the Beheading of John the Baptist
- Exodus in the Bible and the Egyptian Plagues
- An Unexpected Consequence of the Christian Crusades
- Understanding Revelations in the Bible
- Why Did the Magi Bring Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh?
- The Bethesda Pool, Site of One of Jesus’ Miracles
- Medicine in the Ancient World