07/10 | The first and only Philistine cemetery ever discovered has been found outside the walls of ancient Ashkelon. Read more…
07/05 | Nobel Peace Prize laureate and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel died on July 2, 2016. Read an interview BAR Editor Hershel Shanks conducted with Wiesel and Biblical scholar Frank Moore Cross, Read more…
Posted in Archaeologists, Biblical Scholars & Works.
07/03 | An international team of scientists recently determined that the once-mysterious Antikythera Mechanism was an elaborate astronomical calendar. Read more…
Posted in The Ancient Near Eastern World.
- The New Bible of Ancient Pottery
- Jezreel Expedition 2016: It Takes More Than Moving Dirt to Dig the Bible
- Hasmonean Coin Hoard Comes to Light at Modi’in
- New Petra Monument Spotted Through Satellites
- Jezreel Expedition 2016: You Don’t Have to Be an Archaeologist to Dig the Bible
- IAA to Excavate Judean Desert Caves in Search of Scrolls
- Where Is Golgotha, Where Jesus Was Crucified?
- Divers Discover Sunken Cargo at Herod’s Port City
- Ancient Jerusalem: The Village, the Town, the City
- Did I Find King David’s Palace?