11/21 | According to Mark R. Fairchild, archaeological looting is alive and well in rural and remote areas of Turkey. Read more…
Posted in Cultural Heritage.
11/14 | Pigs weren’t part of the Israelite diet. Therefore if you are excavating and find lots of pig bones at your site, it can’t be Israelite—or can it? A new survey Read more…
Posted in Daily Life and Practice.
- The Third Wall of Jerusalem: Where Romans and Jews Battled
- Two D.C.-Area Archaeology Events
- Who Were the Ammonites, Moabites and Edomites in the Bible?
- Early Bronze Age: Megiddo’s Great Temple and the Birth of Urban Culture in the Levant
- The Cities That Built the Bible
- Ancient Latrine: A Peek into King Hezekiah’s Reforms in the Bible?
- Fruit in the Bible
- First Person: BAR Gives Away $50,000
- The Parables of Jesus
- Qumran Phylacteries Reveal Nine New Dead Sea Scrolls