09/01 | New satellite images confirm that ISIS has almost completely destroyed the Temple of Bel in the Syrian city of Palmyra. Read more…
Historical objects from antiquity, particularly from classical Greece, Rome, Ancient Egypt and the Ancient Near East.
08/31 | Although the famous “brother of Jesus” inscription on the so-called James Ossuary has been authenticated by two world-class paleographers, not everyone is convinced that the inscription is authentic. Read more…
Posted in Artifacts and the Bible.
08/25 | The Islamic State has reportedly blown up the 2,000-year-old temple of Baal Shamin in the Syrian city of Palmyra. Read more…
- ISIS Executes Antiquities Scholar in Syrian City of Palmyra
- Book of Leviticus Verses Recovered from Burnt Hebrew Bible Scroll
- Journey to Jerusalem: A Tel Kabri Dig Weekend
- Secret Mikveh Discovered Under a Living Room Floor
- Ancient Dolphin Statue Unearthed in the Negev Desert
- ISIS Plants Explosives in Ancient City of Palmyra
- Byzantine Church Discovered Outside of Jerusalem
- Huqoq 2015: The Logistics of a Dig
- Does a Cylinder Seal Impression Depict the Oldest Musical Scene in Israel?
- Israel’s Treasures Online