04/15 | Archaeologists have discovered evidence of a chapel at ancient Heliopolis in Egypt belonging to King Nectanebo I, the founder of the last native Egyptian dynasty. Read more…
Historical objects from antiquity, particularly from classical Greece, Rome, Ancient Egypt and the Ancient Near East.
03/25 | While patrolling the Roman-Byzantine ruins at Horbat Siv in central Israel, Israel Antiquities Authority inspectors found a 1,400-year-old oil lamp that had apparently been dug up by a porcupine. Read more…
Posted in News.
03/13 | Spelunkers exploring a cave in northern Israel have discovered a cache of ancient jewelry and two coins of Alexander the Great. Read more…
- ISIS Destroys Antiquities in Mosul, Iraq
- Archaeological Looting and the Destruction of Cultural Heritage
- Sold to the Highest Bidder: Antiquities as Cash Cows
- Medicine in the Ancient World
- Jewish Worship, Pagan Symbols
- Understanding the Jewish Menorah
- GIS in Archaeology
- Dead Sea Scrolls Online: IAA Expands Digital Library
- The Importance of Bible Artifacts Found Outside the Trench: The Moabite Stone
- Hidden from View