Historical objects from antiquity, particularly from classical Greece, Rome, Ancient Egypt and the Ancient Near East.
04/03 | The Israel Antiquities Authority launched the updated Leon Levy Dead Sea Scrolls Digital Library, a website that allows visitors to view and search high-resolution images of the complete Dead Read more…
04/01 | Discovered during the Temple Mount Sifting Project, this seventh-century B.C.E. clay bulla inscribed in paleo-Hebrew script with the phrase “Gibeon, for the king” provides evidence for how ancient taxes were Read more…
- The Royal Banquet Hall of King Herod the Great in Jerusalem
- Bet Shemesh Dig Uncovers 2,000-Year-Old Jewish Settlement
- Ancient Rock Art Shines Light on “Dark” Period
- 2,000-Year-Old Road Unearthed in Bet Shemesh
- Wilderness Wanderings: Where is Kadesh?
- First Person: Misogyny in the Bible
- Herod’s Death, Jesus’ Birth and a Lunar Eclipse
- Herodium: The Tomb of King Herod Revisited
- Herod the Great: Friend of the Romans and Parthians?
- Did Archaeologists Really Discover a New Dead Sea Scroll Cave?