07/26 | Excavations at Um el-Kanatir are unique in that they are not destructive, but rather reconstructive. The almost complete remains of the ancient synagogue nestled into its picturesque setting are proving Read more…
Tag: ancient synagogues
07/08 | Dr. Marcela Zapata-Meza introduces readers to the excavations at Magdala, a first-century C.E. fishing village and the hometown of Mary Magdalene in the Bible. Read more…
Posted in Archaeology Today.
- Jews in Roman Turkey
- Where Did Jesus Turn Water into Wine?
- Magnificent Menorah Mosaic Found in Galilee
- Mosaics of Faith
- Book of Leviticus Verses Recovered from Burnt Hebrew Bible Scroll
- Speaking in Tongues in the Bible
- Ancient Synagogues—Archaeology and Art
- Ancient Synagogues in Israel and the Diaspora
- Jewish Worship, Pagan Symbols
- Scholarship Winners Speak Up