06/01 | Discovered during the Temple Mount Sifting Project, this seventh-century B.C.E. clay bulla inscribed in paleo-Hebrew script with the phrase “Gibeon, for the king” provides new evidence for how ancient taxes Read more…
Tag: ancient Israel
05/05 | The Book of Exodus in the Bible describes ten Egyptian plagues that bring suffering to the land of pharaoh. Are these Biblical plagues plausible on any level? In the following Read more…
- Elite Canaanite Burial Discovered in the Jezreel Valley
- The Tel Dan Inscription: The First Historical Evidence of King David from the Bible
- The Iron Age I Structure on Mt. Ebal
- A Road Well Traveled
- What Brings You Here?
- The Genesis of Brewing
- Daily Life in Ancient Israel
- What’s a Greek God Doing in an Ancient Synagogue?
- Ancient Board Games
- The November/December 2012 Biblical Archaeology Review